Lewis served as a pilot for American Airlines for many years while obtaining his PhD. in Psychology. After retiring from American Airlines he moved to Chico with his wife and daughter where he began a business in farming, which he continues to do today.
Lewis believes that God has called him to help people, which brought him to The Growing Place where he uses his gifts and education in counseling and psychology. Lewis is a Marriage and Family Therapist Intern, working toward obtaining a Marriage and Family Therapists (MFT) license and is delighted to work with the great group of people at The Growing Place.
• Counseling internship, Parents Place, Marysville, Ca.
• Experience at Parents Place included: Group facilitator for domestic violence perpetrators; individual therapy for the partners of the perpetrators of domestic violence; group facilitator for young boys who had been sexually molested; parenting class instructor (helping parents reacquire custody of children who were in foster care); family therapy, couples therapy and individual therapy for marriage and relationship issues; individual counseling for teenagers and young children who were in foster care.
• Continued internship at Cooper Avenue Baptist Church, Yuba City, Ca.
Experience included individual and couples counseling for families in crisis, counseling individuals with a variety of relationship and personal issues.
• Bachelor of Science – Biology CSU Chico, Ca
• Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology, National University, Sacramento, Ca
• PhD. Psychology, California Coast University, Santa Ana, Ca.